Subject: Dictionaries

Dictionaries

From: John Woodhouse <jwoodhou<-a>
Date: Friday, March 14, 1997
Barbara Hamann <barbara_hamann<-a t->memphis-orinst< . >uchicago< . >edu> writes

>I am interested in finding out whether an Italian/English or
>Spanish/English dictionary of conservation terms has been published
>and where it might be purchased.

On behalf of Dagmar Hinz, who is not on the list but has access to
the printouts, she has kindly offered the following information in
relation to the above query:

    "The title of my Dictionary of craft bookbinding and bookbinding
    conservation. It is only small, but may be of interest:

        Hilda Kuhn: Worterbuch der Handbuchbinderei und Einbandrestarierung
        Publisher: Schlutersche Verlagsansalt und Druckerei. Hanover,
        Germany

    It contains 1033 terms in English, German, French and Italian

    Dagmar Hinz
    Conservation Studio
    John Rylands University Library of Manchester

John Woodhouse
Head of Preservation and Photography
John Rylands University Library of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PP
+44 161-275-3733
Fax: +44 161-273-7488