Subject: Fundraising events in museums

Fundraising events in museums

From: Sandra Lawrence <sandra_lawrence<-a>
Date: Tuesday, March 11, 1997
Like many art museums in North America the AGO hosts a regularly
scheduled "Art in Bloom" event.  The event is essentially run by the
gallery's Volunteer Committee, is immensely popular and an important
fund raiser.  The Conservation Department has been intimately
involved and to date there have been no major disasters, but we have
faced an extraordinary number of challenges.  I'd very much like to
establish communication with Conservators who are dealing with this
event in their museums, developing a small e-mail discussion group
that could lead to more detailed information exchange. Perhaps we
could start on the Distlist and move on from there.  I look forward
to hearing from you.

Sandra Lawrence, Chief Conservator
Art Gallery of Ontario

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 11, 1997