Subject: Crimping machines

Crimping machines

From: Nancy C. Schrock <nschrock<-a>
Date: Tuesday, March 11, 1997
Karla Geerlings <mulkgeer<-a t->showme< . >missouri< . >edu> writes

> My library has been looking into the possibility of making our own
> phase boxes in-house.  We have not, however, been able to locate a
> commercial supplier for a board crimper or creaser.

Another alternative for crimping board is the "Portable Rolling
Creaser" developed by Nicholas Pickwoad.  The crease is formed by a
brass creasing wheel (available in two sizes), mounted in a carriage
guided by two precision tracks, which runs over a groove formed by
two adjustable stainless steel bed plates.  It is available in two
sizes, 27" and 41."

Unlike the floor models, the Creaser is lightweight and portable,
making it particularly useful for exhibition prep as the equipment
can be carried to a site.

Illustrated flyers with a full description and price are available.
I am handling inquiries in the US for Nicholas.  Others may want to
contact him directly in England.

Nancy Schrock <nschrock<-a t->mit< . >edu>
Nicholas Pickwoad <npickwoad<-a t->paston< . >co< . >uk>

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 11, 1997