Subject: Corrugated plastic boxes

Corrugated plastic boxes

From: Gill Comerford <g.comerford<-a>
Date: Thursday, March 6, 1997
Can anyone give me information on how to build corrugated plastic
boxes. I have the plastic and I know where I can get the fastenings,
although I do not know which would be the most suitable. I'm sure I
could make a box if I tried but if you have any tips I would be
grateful, as I would like them to look as professional as possible.
The company that supplies the fastenings have told me that I need a
special tool kit and compressed air. Well, I have compressed air but
I am not convinced that to pop a few rivets through a couple of
sheets of plastic that I need special tools. Any thoughts?

Gill Comerford
Conservation Scientist
Conservation Unit
Palaeontology Department