Subject: Lava lamps

Lava lamps

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-a>
Date: Friday, February 28, 1997
Catherine Millikan <ngvcons<-a t->vicnet< . >net< . >au> writes

>Lava-lamp lovers, what do you do when the lava just won't erupt
>anymore and the lava becomes exhausted ?

My reaction would be to cut to the chase.  Empty the original
fluid(s) into a permanent container for safe-keeping, buy a new lava
lamp and empty its contents into the old one.  Owners of old lava
lamps seem to know about the general tendency toward changes in the
goop which spoil the fun of these things;  I don't think you have
any obligation to pursue months of research on their behalf.

B. Appelbaum

                   Distributed: Monday, March 3, 1997