Subject: Grease stain on paper

Grease stain on paper

From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux<-a>
Date: Tuesday, February 25, 1997
I have been contacted by a customer who has recently (within the
last week) stained a book with a ginger snap cookie.  She laid the
cookie down on a page of a facsimile copy of the first King James
Bible when she went to answer the door.  When the customer noticed
the stain, she blotted it with paper towel.  I have not seen the
book but as described, it is 10-15 years old commercially printed.

I am looking for information on removing the grease stain, which I
would assume was butter or cooking oil.

I have considered cleaning with a Groom Stick or Absorene but I don't
have much experience with stains like this. I would appreciate any
help you can give. Thanks in advance,

Artemis BonaDea
North Bound Books

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 26, 1997