Subject: Film preservation

Film preservation

From: Robert B. Freeborn <ulfreeb<-a>
Date: Tuesday, February 25, 1997
I'm writing an article on film preservation for "Mississippi
Libraries", and I'm in the need of some assistance:

    1.  Are there companies that still sell film-cleaning machines,
        and what are their addresses?

    2.  Back when I was a grad student working with film, our
        tv/radio department supposedly had a machine for
        transferring film to video.  Are these machines still
        manufactured?  By whom?

    3.  A colleague told me about an organization that not only
        acted as a warehouse for rare audiovisual materials, but
        also the machines that ran/read them.  Does anyone know the
        name for this organization, and does their mission cover
        motion picture film?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Robert B. Freeborn
Nonbook Cataloger/Preservation Librarian
J.D. Williams Library
University, MS 38677
601-232-5459
Fax: 601-232-5734

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 26, 1997