Subject: Preservation of law books

Preservation of law books

From: Margaret L. Christiansen <margdem<-a>
Date: Monday, February 24, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well

    NB This is not an RFP per se, and an announcement of an RFP will
    be welcome here, but I thought the question of where to address
    similar RFPs might be of general interest, so...

We have come into possession of a library of law books dating from
the 15th to the 18th centuries. We believe them to be of significant
historical value. Our goal is to microfilm, digitize, and put them
out on the web, and thus the reason for this letter.

We are looking for a consultant to advise us on practical and cost
effective methodologies and techniques which will allow us to keep
the books in the best condition possible. In this regard, I have
some questions:

    1.  What fora would be most appropriate to address an RFP
        to?--i.e., groups, associations, consortia

    2.  How do we target those best qualified for this sort of
        project?

Many thanks for your reply,

Margaret L. Christiansen, Esq.
Regent University Law Library
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 26, 1997