Subject: Gloves and soap

Gloves and soap

From: Marike Nassy <oplrest<-a>
Date: Friday, February 21, 1997
We are two students of the State Training School for Conservators in
Amsterdam. We are doing a project on the use of gloves for handling
museum objects. Perhaps washing hands with soap is sufficient? What
effect do the possible residues of soap on the hands have on museum
objects? What effect do the detergents on gloves have  on museum
objects? What kind of gloves do you recommend?

Every kind of information is welcome: experience, research,
literature. Thanks for your consideration,

Marike Nassy and Thirza van Herpen
Opleiding Restauratoren / State Training School for Restorers
Gabriel Metsustraat 8
1071 EA Amsterdam
The Netherlands
+31 20 6767933
Fax: +31 20 6755191

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 26, 1997