Subject: Deterioration of UV filters

Deterioration of UV filters

From: Colin Williamson <smileplas<-a>
Date: Saturday, February 22, 1997
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but acrylic diffusers are
generally regarded as a severe fire risk these days. The severity of
the fire in Norwich library has been associated with acrylic
diffusers and I understand that they are shortly to be removed from
the marketplace in the UK. Alternatives are available made from pvc
or fire modified polyester. I have no information concerning the UV
transparency of these alternatives.

Colin Williamson

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 26, 1997