Subject: Housekeeping products

Housekeeping products

From: Henry Grunder <hgrunder<-a>
Date: Friday, February 14, 1997
I have been successful, as one aspect of the preservation program in
our new building, in getting our Head of Housekeeping to check with
me about products being considered for adoption. He has come to me
asking about one product containing isopropanol; another containing
"hydrotreated heavy napthenic distillate", "hydrotreated light
naphenic distillate", "hydrotreated heavy naptha", propane,
isobutane, and n-butane; and the last containing "diethylene glycol
monomethyl", ether, and "tributoxyethel phosphate".

He brought MSDS sheets on all these products. This is not an
industrial hygiene issue. My question is confined solely to any
preservation aspects, whether any of these ingredients might make
the product contraindicated.

Henry Grunder
Conservation/Preservation Coordinator
The Library of Virginia