Subject: Society of Archivists conference

Society of Archivists conference

From: Stephen Harwood <mcard.pro.kew<-a>
Date: Thursday, February 13, 1997
The Society of Archivists is the professional body which represents
archivists, conservators and record managers throughout the UK.
Every year, the Society selects a different theme and venue for its
conference, with the forthcoming event planned for London from
15th-19th September 1997 at the University College London and The
Public Record Office at Kew.

Our chosen theme is 'Access', viewed in its broadest sense.  We have
a session planned for Wednesday 17th September on I.T. and
Conservation and would like to invite a speaker to talk about
C.H.I.N. (The Canadian Heritage Information Network) for 25 minutes.

We can offer overseas speakers registration and accommodation for
the entire conference.  UK speakers will receive accommodation and
economy class rail fare. If you are interested please contact me
directly at the above e-mail address.

Stephen Harwood
Conservation Department
Public Record Office
Kew, Richmond
Surrey TW9 4DU
United Kingdom

                Distributed: Thursday, February 13, 1997