Subject: Mowilith DMC2

Mowilith DMC2

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447<-a>
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 1997
Gail Niinima requested information on the supply and use of
Mowilith. Mowilith DMC2 was discontinued a little over 18 months
ago. Because there would be no possibility of it being available
again Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd purchased the remaining
tonnage from the makers for supply to Conservators worldwide.

DMC2's replacement, DM427,is similar polymerically to DMC2 but
whilst DMC2 used cellulose ether for stabilization DM427 is a
polyvinyl alcohol stabilised product which may give rise to slightly
different film forming properties.

DM427 has a solids content of 55% with a pH 4-5.

I have contacted one of the companies we supplied our last
containers of DMC2 to, who coincidently has also been using its
replacement Mowilith DM427.

Michael Hyman the company's Managing Director and a textile
conservator by profession tells me that he still has some of the
Mowilith DMC2 in stock,repackaged in 100 ml units for resale.

Michael has used both DMC2 and DM427 and says that he will be happy
to discuss advantages/disadvantages etc to interested parties.

List users may wish to note that Restore Products carries an array
of products specifically for textile restoration

    Restore Products
    2 Talbot Road
    Bowden
    Altrincham
    Cheshire WA14 3JD.
    England
    Tel (& fax): +44 161 928 0020

Mowilith DM427 is available from Conservation Resources both in the
UK and in America and our British office will happily supply
interested parties with a small sample together with full technical
and MSDS data free of charge. Please fax Conservation Resources in
England direct on +44 1865 747035.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources
England

                Distributed: Thursday, February 13, 1997