Subject: Mowilith DMC2

Mowilith DMC2

From: Gail Niinimaa <niinimaa<-a>
Date: Friday, February 7, 1997
Apparently Mowilith DMC2 is no longer manufactured.  The
manufacturer has replaced this with Mowilith DMC427.  I am planning
to use this for a textile conservation project with the Mowilith
being applied to Silk Crepeline for a heat seal backing.

Does anyone have any experience with DMC427 with regards to this
type of backing.  Is there another product which would be better to
use?  The material being laminated is a fragile silk lining from a
Quillwork Vest. Does anyone have a supplier or a supply of DMC2?  I
am looking for about 250 ml. Thank you,

Gail Niinimaa
Textile Conservator,
Calgary, Alberta