Subject: Mobile shelving

Mobile shelving

From: Sharon Connell <libsac<-a>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 1997
It has been brought to our attention that the mobile shelving used
for our Special Collections is potentially damaging to the books. It
seems that objects frequently fall off the units when they're being
moved and the existing bookends are not really satisfactory..

If anyone else has encountered this, it would be useful to know how
they solved the problem. One of our colleagues has suggested
adhering some form of non-slip strip to the metal shelf but I don't
know how viable that is.  Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Sharon Connell
Assistant Conservation Officer
University of Leeds
Brotherton Library