Subject: Koroseal

Koroseal

From: Michael Trinkley <chicora1<-a>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 1997
Linda Thomas inquired about Koroseal as a liner for mineral display
cases. Although I am not familiar with this particular product, I
wonder if there aren't other products, about which we do have good
data, that might not be acceptable?

For example, perhaps Dupont's Nomex could be used? It is water
resistant, slows rapid RH changes, is flame resistant, provides a
good barrier against formaldehyde, offers a good barrier against
dust and other particulates, and is resistant to mold. This material
is fairly stiff and has the appearance of parchment. It is fairly
easy to apply to backboards and I would imagine that it could even
be used with an appropriate adhesive. There is also a much thinner
version of Nomex and Mylar which might be easier to use in some
cases.

These products are available from

    Masterpak
    50 W 57th Street, 9th Floor