Subject: PARS Library Binding Discussion Group

PARS Library Binding Discussion Group

From: Brian Baird <bbaird<-a>
Date: Monday, February 3, 1997
The ALA Midwinter meeting for the PARS Library Binding Discussion
Group will be held at the Library of Congress, James Madison
Memorial Building, Dining Room A, on Sunday, February 16, 1997, from
11:00-12:30.

As usual, we have a full agenda of timely issues, but one of the
primary topics will be a discussion on pockets or enclosures
libraries and binders are using to secure electronic media (e.g.,
computer diskettes, CD ROMs) into bound volumes.  I encourage you to
bring samples of the enclosures you are using.  If you wish, you can
mail your examples to the Library of Congress rather than carrying
them with you as you travel.  Mail your samples to Debra McKern at
the following address:

    Debra McKern
    Binding & Collection Care Division
    LMG 20
    Library of Congress
    Washington, D.C. 20540
    202-707-9385
    dmck<-a t->loc< . >gov

Debra will collect the samples and bring them to the meeting.  Debra
is also willing to make arrangements to ship the samples back to
your library following the meeting.

Direct all questions regarding the Binding Discussion Group to me.
We will see you in Washington,

Brian J. Baird
Preservation Librarian
University of Kansas