Subject: Additives for sturgeon glue

Additives for sturgeon glue

From: Ulf Brunne <ulf.brunne<-a>
Date: Thursday, January 30, 1997
When using sturgeon glue for consolidating paint flakes we have been
using ethanol for reducing the surface tensions. We are interested
to know if this can cause any chemical reactions, i.e. influence the
reversibility of the glue film. We have also been using the
commercial product PhotoFlo for the same purpose.

We are interested in all information and reports concerning the use
of additives to protein glues.

Ulf Brunne (Furniture Conservator)
Carl Malmstens Skola
Renstiernas Gata 12