Subject: Fluorescent tubes and UV

Fluorescent tubes and UV

From: Barry Knight <barry<-a>
Date: Thursday, January 30, 1997
In Instance 10:68, Michael T. Stieber <mstieber<-a t->mortonarb< . >org> asks
whether cool white or warm white tubes are the best substitute for
"natural" fluorescent tubes. Neither is particularly good, but the
cool white is probably better than the warm white, which give a very
pink colour cast.  There is nothing to choose between them from the
point of view of heat output.  UV-absorbing sleeves will last maybe
five years, maybe more--it is important to check regularly using a
UV meter.

** The following message was received from Michael Stieber: