Subject: Refrigerating books

Refrigerating books

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo<-a>
Date: Friday, January 31, 1997
Erma Loveland <lovelande<-a t->nicanor< . >acu< . >edu> writes

>Special Collections has a vellum book which is darkening around the
>edges and I am concerned that we are having a mildew attack.

Sounds like this might be the result of other causes.  I refer to
you Tom Conroy's excellent article on "leather-burn" in the Book and
Paper Annual v.10, 1991 pp. 43-48.  I think this is still available
from AIC if you don't have a copy.

Niccolo Caldararo

                 Distributed: Monday, February 3, 1997