Subject: Security web site

Security web site

From: Ton Cremers <securma<-a>
Date: Saturday, January 4, 1997
We have built a web site, still in status nascendi and growing,
dedicated to all aspects of security for museums, libraries and all
kinds of institutions that set themselves the task to take care of
our cultural heritage. We know there is a lot of expertise all over
the world and want to bring this expertise together in our site.
Museum and library security professionals visiting our site must be
able to gather here all information they need, meaning: information
about security organizations, publications, articles, safety and
salvage plans (f.i. dealing with water damage in libraries), fire
prevention, security products information etc. We try to offer a
service that is free for all interested and need your cooperation.

We have made the site quickly accessible, so no complex images or
multi media gimmicks, but lots of text information.

The Museum Security Network made by security professionals
for security professionals:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~securma/

    **** Moderator's comments:   There are links to this site from
    the Conservation Resources at Other Sites  and Disasters pages
    in Conservation OnLine (http://palimpsest.stanford.edu)

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 1997