Subject: Academy of Sciences Library

Academy of Sciences Library

From: Ann H. Gutting <agutting<-a>
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 1997
I am an MLS candidate and conservationist in training at Indiana
University. This term one of my chosen research projects deals with
disaster recovery techniques, and for several reasons I wish to use
the Academy of Sciences Library (BAN) / St.Petersburg as my case
study.  My request of you, however, is simple:  has anyone out there
been involved in this specific recovery work? Please email me
directly. I promise to offer access to my findings to the group.

Admittedly on my agenda:  I plan to emphasize the fact that native
professionals with negative funding can develop low cost or no cost
salvation procedures, especially in direct relation  (as in this
case) to the national and international value of the endangered
collections.

On a personal note, I was  "mud angel" in Leningrad in Feb. 1988 and
know how difficult it was. What I don't know is details since then.
Thank you for any thoughts, contacts and information you may have
for me,

Ann H. Gutting
Indiana University/Bloomington:
School of Library and Information Science - MLS
Computer Connection Academic Resale Consultant
School of Music, Dept. of Violinmaking and Repair
Dept. of Slavic Languages and Literatures: Russian

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 1997