Subject: Lead seals

Lead seals

From: Deborah Rohan <county.records.cambridge<-a>
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 1997
I understand that the usual way of dealing with active carbonate
corrosion on lead seals (due to ethanoic/carboxylic acids from
wooden box) is low-current electrolytic reduction. Are there any new
wrinkles to this standard process, or any new procedures for dealing
with this sort of corrosion? Our objects conservator feels she
should research this before she approaches the object.

Debby Rohan
Cambs. Archive Service

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 1997