Subject: Near-infrared spectroscopy for dye identification

Near-infrared spectroscopy for dye identification

From: Beth Eubanks <eeub8701<-a>
Date: Saturday, January 11, 1997
Is anybody currently studying or know of studies using near-infrared
reflectance spectroscopy for natural dyes on the fiber (no
extraction)? I know there have been plenty of studies using UV-vis
and Fourier Transform Infrared, but I have not found any using
near-ir.  Thank you,

Beth Eubanks
MS grad student
University of Rhode Island, Dept of Textiles

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 1997