Subject: Velcro in display cases

Velcro in display cases

From: Laura Reutter <lreutter<-a>
Date: Thursday, January 9, 1997
Shirley Ellis <texlab<-a t->gpu< . >srv< . >ualberta< . >ca> writes

>Was the Velcro that you tested the type with the adhesive backing?
>Was it "Velcro" brand or a no-name variety?  I have heard remarks
>about a no-name variety that yellows over time.  I was wondering if
>anyone else has experienced this.

The Velcro samples were "Velcro" brand; they were tested in 1992.
The samples were fabric with a foam center; no adhesive was
involved. It may be that the foam component caused the
discoloration. A sample washed in hot water gave better results
(i.e. very little discoloration of the coupons).

                 Distributed: Friday, January 10, 1997