Subject: Postage stamps

Postage stamps

From: Iona McCraith <mccraii<-a>
Date: Monday, January 6, 1997
The following appeared on Archives and is reproduced here without
the knowledge or consent of the author.

    Sender: Archives & Archivists <archives<-a t->miamiu< . >acs< . >muohio< . >edu>
    Poster: Pamela Cassidy <pcassidy<-a t->hca< . >microserve< . >com>
    Subject: Archival care of postal stamp collections

    While I'm well-versed in the care of traditional paper records,
    I've recently had a couple queries concerning the proper storage
    of stamp (postal) collections.  Is there anything unique to
    providing proper care beyond acid-free environment, stable
    temperatures and protection from exposure to light?

    Pamela Cassidy
    Archivist
    Hershey Community Archives
    P.O. Box 64