Subject: Remote sensing

Remote sensing

From: Neal Putt <np<-a>
Date: Friday, January 3, 1997
Giovanna Di Pietro <giova.dipietro<-a t->iol< . >it> writes

>I am looking for information about institutes or universities where
>they carry on research on remote sensing and GIS for archaeological
>surveys. Is there anyone who can help me? Thank you very much,

Through an archaeologist friend I have received a reference to a web
page for archaeologists, which includes a list of GIS/GPS
archaeologists.  My friend recommends mister Di Pietro search at the
following web site:

    http://wings.buffalo.edu/academic/department/anthropology/
        weda/other_lists.html

    **** Moderator's comments: the above url should not contain a
    line break (it was added for readability). Note that WEDA and
    other similar resources are available in the Finding People page
    in Conservation OnLine

Neal Putt
Coordinator for Preventive Conservation
ICCROM