Subject: Comic books

Comic books

From: Torsten Wesley Adair <torsten>
Date: Sunday, December 13, 1992
I would like to know what is the best envelope to store comic books in.

My requirements:

    The envelopes should last fifty-one hundred years
    Acid/lignin free; neutral adhesive
    The envelopes do not need to be transparent (I will use other
    sources to find covers and issues).
    They should not cost more than $0.25 a piece.
    They should provide adequate support for the comic book so that a
    backing board will not be necessary.
    The envelopes should have a flap that covers the opening.
    The comic books should be easy to remove from the envelope.

Catch-22, Comic book version:  A comic book comes poly-bagged with all
sorts of goodies.  If it is opened, it is not "mint".  If it is not
opened, the recyclable plastic will degrade, thus harming the contents.
I open the bag, read the comic, enjoy the premiums, and then put them in
an archival bag.

I would appreciate any comments about envelopes that anyone might want
to share.

Torsten Adair

                Distributed: Thursday, December 17, 1992