Subject: Lamination

Lamination

From: Jane Ketcham <ketchamjd>
Date: Thursday, December 3, 1992
Can people fill me in on the latest status of lamination (as opposed to
encapsulation) of documents? I instinctively view the procedure with horror,
but I need to explain the situation to the ladies at the historical society
who think it is a perfect solution for their important papers. Not being
primarily a paper or archival person, I confess I am not current in the
appropriate literature. Can anyone please provide a quick synopsis of the
disadvantages, (and advantages, if any), of lamination? And, if it is as bad
as I fear, why are people still doing it? Thanks.

Jane Ketcham
Keeper & Conservator
Logan Museum of Anthropology
Ketchamj [at] Beloit__edu