Subject: POST-IT notes

POST-IT notes

From: Dean DeBolt <ddebolt>
Date: Thursday, December 3, 1992
I recall a discussion about the dangers of using "Post-It" notes and
other "removable" items on materials.  Are there ANY of these temporary,
peelable items that are less harmful to items than others?   We've had a
request to place items on display where the owner does not want to
disfigure by marking, yet wants a temporary identification label that
will not harm the item. By display, I mean the items are NOT in an
exhibit case....like a Christmas display/tree setting, etc.   People
will not generally be able to handle the items, but they still need to
be identified with owner's name.

Dean DeBolt, Special Collections
University of West Florida

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 6, 1992