Subject: Food, drink and insects

Food, drink and insects

From: Lisa Mibach <perygrine>
Date: Monday, November 16, 1992
When I worked at the Provincial Museum of Alberta we had a comprehensive
insect watch and logging system, and learned which insects went where in
the museum (the cockroaches did stay fairly near the cafeteria food
storage)...

We had ongoing battles about staff storing lunches in desk drawers near
the collections area, because they didn't want to share the lunchroom
with the maintenance workers; this lead to the only known sighting of
the Strawberry Vine Weavil in the Province of Alberta: literally pushing
a grape across a desk!  This was reported and is on record with the
proper authorities in Alberta.

                Distributed: Thursday, November 26, 1992