Subject: Pigeon droppings

Pigeon droppings

From: Charlotte Payne <clpayne>
Date: Friday, November 13, 1992
We recently received a shelf of books sprinkled with pigeon droppings.
They are mainly on the top of the text block but some decorate the
covers as well.  The droppings have been there since early in the
Library's renovation when pigeons swooped into the building which
had small openings off the courtyard on the first floor (maybe a
year ago).  Any advice on removal?  Any health hazards we should
be aware of?  Anybody else want these books?

Charlotte Payne
Preservation Department
Shields Library
UCDavis

                Distributed: Saturday, November 14, 1992