Subject: Marking video disks

Marking video disks

From: Patricia Palmer <pepalmer>
Date: Thursday, October 29, 1992
We have begun to collect video disks and I am not sure how they should
be marked.  These disks are 10" in diameter, double-sided, with a
surface that looks similar to a cd.  I am interested in information on
and experience with marking them.  Should bar code labels be attached
directly to the surface?  Should they be stamped?  On cds, we use the
Pilot Silver Marker (SC-S-EF) which has 3.1 grams of xylene.  Is this
appropriate to use on the video disks?

Thank you for any information.

Patricia Palmer
Virginia Commonwealth University