Subject: Solvent for spine lettering

Solvent for spine lettering

From: Elizabeth M. Mosler <elizabeth.mosler>
Date: Friday, October 23, 1992
Has anyone heard of a product called Citrus Miracle?  The product is
also know as Citrus Solve and various other names.

We started using Citrus Miracle to remove the stamping foil from book
spines.  The majority of books, that we have used this product on, are
bound in buckram from a commercial bindery.  The Citrus Miracle removes
the lettering, does not remove the color from the buckram, and does not
seem to damage the piece.

In the past, we have used ethanol to remove unwanted lettering from
books.

The Citrus Miracle has a pleasant orange fragrance and according to
packaging information, is not supposed to be toxic.  Unfortunately, the
packaging information does not give a full disclosure of ingredients.
The only information available says that Citrus Miracle has an all
natural citrus base.  I called one distributor and one manufacture and
was unable to obtain an ingredient disclosure list.

Has anyone used this product on books?  I would like to find out more
about Citrus Miracle to make sure we are not damaging our books.

Any information is appreciated.

                Distributed: Saturday, October 31, 1992