Subject: Map repair

Map repair

From: Linda Morgan <1lilmm>
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 1992
I am looking for some advice on repairing a map that is attached to the
inside of an old book in front of the title page.  The map is almost
completely torn/ broken into several fairly good sized pieces.
Fortunately the end that is attached to the book is still intact.  And
since the map is in color, I would like to keep it in its original form
if possible.

At this point I could use archival tape on the torn/broken parts, but I
understand that there is some way of using super or some lightweight
fabric underneath the entire map.  I would appreciate it if someone
could tell me about this procedure.

                 Distributed: Sunday, October 18, 1992