Subject: Alternatives to SELIN labels

Alternatives to SELIN labels

From: Sue Davis <davissw>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 1992
I believe there have been some previous discussions about SELIN labels, but
I think I have new twist.  We are currently looking to replace the ancient
printers that print out our spine labels from our NOTIS cataloging records.
 Our problems are multiple.  1.  It seems almost impossible to find current
printers that can handle the rolls of the SELIN labels.  2.  We'd rather
have a tractor fed product with a peel-and-stick label.  3.  As far as we
can tell, SELIN products do not come in tractor feed sheets.  4.  We don't
want to harm the books with worse adhesives than the SELIN labels already
use, but we want the labels to be permanent.  Is there an answer out there?
 Any ideas?  And, yes, it is a sticky problem.

Many thanks for your suggestions.
Sue Davis
Preservation Librarian
Vanderbilt University