Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Paul Conway <pconway>
Date: Monday, August 31, 1992
I am interested on positive and negative experiences with the
SmartReader data logger, a product manufactured in Canada and used to
measure temperature and relative humidity.  It would be particularly
enlightening to know about durability, calibration, and general
satisfaction with the software that backs up the instrument.

The SmartReader is distributed in the United States by Herzog/Wheeler &
Associates, 430 Oak Grove, Suite 311, Minneapolis, MN  55403.  The
number is (612) 870-4555.  My contact there is June Wheeler.  I have
product literature, which I am sure they will send you.  The cost for
the first unit is $719.00 plus $149.00 for the software.  One piece of
software will support up to 30 units, I believe.  I spoke to June about
calibration and the software, as well as complaints about durability,
usability, etc.  From what I can tell, it's a great piece of equipment
and I am anxious to purchase some for the library system here.

Paul Conway
Yale University
pconway [at] YaleVM__YCC__Yale__Edu

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 1, 1992