Subject: Powder post beetles

Powder post beetles

From: Cathy Atwood <cb522>
Date: Saturday, August 15, 1992
A museum in Western Nebraska is housed in a log cabin which has powder
post beetles.  I've gotten good information on the beetle, except for
one aspect.  Has anyone had experience with powder post beetles moving
into collections?  The regular entomology literature says that it is
unlikely, because eggs are generally laid in freshly cut wood/unfinished
wood.  But powder post beetles are listed as a museum pest.  I would
appreciate details on any experience which you have had.

Cathy Atwood

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 15, 1992