Subject: Printing from historic woodblocks

Printing from historic woodblocks

From: Roberta Pilette <bm.hsz>
Date: Monday, August 3, 1992
We have a collection of woodblocks and the question has come up
regarding using some of these for printing a facsimile edition. These
blocks are approximately 150 years old.  I would prefer not to use the
actual blocks for the printing.  However, if they were to be used what
sort of precautions must be taken and what are the risks?  More to the
point, how can we get the look of having used the wood blocks without
actually using them?

Bobbie

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 8, 1992