Subject: Rivet fastener

Rivet fastener

From: Mary Ann S. Tyrrell <20676mat>
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 1992
I am looking for a supplier of Rivet-fastening machines.  I tried TRW
United Carr Supply, from the telephone number in Carolyn Morrow and
Carole Dyal's 2d ed. of _Conservation Treatment Procedures_, but had no
success.   Has anyone got a better or newer address/phone number, or
another manufacturer?

While I am asking, is there such a thing as a table-top phase-box maker?
Or a second-hand one?  The price we were quoted seems a little steep for
us as Michigan State is a new operation with, naturally, no funding.

Finally, if anyone has addresses/phone numbers for makers of
shrink-wrappers, that would be appreciated as well.  As might be
guessed, it's time to turn in the equipment wish-list.  I figure rather
than flail around, ask those with experience (the sadder and wiser).

Mary Ann Tyrrell
Preservation Unit
Main Library
Michigan State University