Subject: Book ends

Book ends

From: Wes Boomgaarden <ts2917>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 1992
Here is a suggestion on book supports for rare books shelving areas:
Magnetic Aides, Inc. 133 North 10th Street, Paterson, NJ 07522 (last
time I looked) sells two models of wide-profile magnetic book supports.
The strong magnet on the bookends' base make them very effective.  Their
wide profile and absence of a "tongue" make them non-damaging to the
tail edges of rare books.  I first saw them at the Lilly Library some
years back.  Phone number for the company is (or was) 201/790-1400.

Wes Boomgaarden
Preservation Officer
Ohio State University Libraries

                  Distributed: Thursday, July 23, 1992