Subject: Source for Mirage paper

Source for Mirage paper

From: Barbara Brown <bbrown>
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 1992
The HRHRC Conservation Department is interested in ordering some
Mirage(r) paper, made by Rising Paper Mill/ Paper Co. (now, I
understand, a division of Fox River Paper Co.in Wisconsin). Mirage
is a heavy weight paper (almost a 2-ply thickness, or equivalent to it),
100 per cent rag, acid-free, neutral pH, white in color; comes in vellum
or plate finish (we're looking for vellum finish); size: 26 x 40 in./
sheet. I'm trying to determine if this product is still made, and if so,
who is the distributor, and what is the price. Rising Paper Co. (located
in Housatonic, MA) gave me the 1-800 customer service number for Fox
River Paper Co. in WI (don't know the city. Madison?) but all I get is
piercing squeals on the line because it's also apparently their Fax no
(not a particularly efficient way to operate customer service, but
that's merely my opinion).  The number I was given is 1-800-942-3350.
Has anyone else tried (and succeeded in) ordering this product? Thanks
in advance for any feedback on this!

Regards,
Barbara

    **** Moderator's comments:  I forwarded this query to Ralph Roessler
    who replied that Paper Technologies Inc carries Mirage.  Although he
    didn't intend to post the info, I think it is of general interest:
        Mirage
        White
        310 gsm
        100% cotton fiber
        Acid-Free
        Sized for offset
        200 sheets/carton

        In size 26" x 40" your price would be $1.73/sheet.(F.O.B.
        Calif.).  Please note that we only supply full cartons.

        Paper Technologies, Inc.
        929 Calle Negocio Unit D
        San Clemente, CA 92673
        Tel:(714) 366-8799