Subject: Stainless steel wire

Stainless steel wire

From: Dorothy Patterson <dpatter>
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 1992
With regard to Charlotte Payne's request for information on stainless
steel wire for their wire stitcher, model BSA 324D: I have a rather old
Gane Brother's catalog. In it they list Super-Stitch Wire on throw-away
spools; all sizes of stitching wire--round and/or flat-tinned or high
carbon. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, or if they
still carry it. If it's not what you're looking for, maybe they have
what you are looking for... Anyway, here is their San Francisco address
and phone number if you wish to pursue this further.

Gane Bros. & Lane
218 Littlefield Ave. So. San Francisco, CA 94080
Phone: 415-873-0850

    **** Moderator's comments:   Gane Bros. has moved.  The new address
    is 4693 E. 48th, Vernon, CA  90058 (800-521-4263)

Dorothy Patterson Head
Collection Preservation Unit
San Diego State University Library

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 5, 1992