Subject: Pest management policies

Pest management policies

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Saturday, June 20, 1992
The following appeared on Museum-L (thanks to Nancy Elkington for
forwarding it)

  Date:         Wed, 17 Jun 1992 15:16:00 EDT
  Sender:       Museum discussion list <MUSEUM-L [at] UNMVMA__BITNET>
  From: "Jessie Meltzer, MSC Pest Manager" <MSCPESTMGR [at] SIMSC__BITNET>
  Subject:      request for pest management policies

  Dear Colleague,

  I, Jessie Meltzer, Pest Manager at the Museum Support Center,
  Smithsonian Institution, am interested in knowing if you have any
  written pest management policies or procedures for your museum,
  herbaria or other orginization. I would appreciate receiving copies of
  any such documents you may have, even if you consider them incomplete
  or in a draft stage.

  I would also like to know what procedures you are using within
  departments or divisions in your building to control infestations.
  Comments on how well you think these programs are working would be
  appreciated.

  If you would kindly send me the name, address and phone number of the
  individual responsible for pest management in your organization I will
  be happy to contact them directly.

  I plan to present the results of this survey at the annual conference
  of the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections
  (SPNHC) in June, 1993. I will also summurize the results for the list.

  Thanks in advance.

  Jessie Meltzer, Pest Manager
  Museum Support Center
  Smithsonian Institution