Subject: Changing library binders

Changing library binders

From: Cathy Larson <cadlarts>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1992
We would be interested in "talking" to anyone who has moved from
one bindery to another either through a competitive bid process or
through some other means.  We are attempting to quantify the costs and
resources that would be required to make such a move; your input would
be very helpful.

Sample questions:
Was additional staff required; was data converted; was there a period of
downtime when no shipments could be sent; were processing procedures
changed radically; was more time required?  These are samples of the
issues we are interested in.  If you will reply directly to the address
below, we will summarize for the list.  Thanks.

Cathy Larson
University of Iowa Libraries

                  Distributed: Saturday, June 20, 1992