Subject: Position at Huntington reopens

Position at Huntington reopens

From: William A. Moffett <moffett>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1992
Having concluded a year-long search for a Chief Preservation Officer the
Huntington Library this spring announced the appointment of Randy
Silverman, effective July 1.

Anyone who has ever had a similar experience will appreciate the keen
disappointment and regret we felt in learning yesterday that Randy, on
the very eve of taking up the challenge of his new duties, has been
forced by personal circumstances to ask us to release him from his
acceptance.

We will of course gear up for a renewal of the search, and as we do I
would welcome nominations and expressions of interest from colleagues in
the field.

William A. Moffett
Director, the Huntington Library

                  Distributed: Saturday, June 20, 1992