Subject: ALCTS Creative Ideas in Technical Services Discussion Group

ALCTS Creative Ideas in Technical Services Discussion Group

From: Janet G. Padway <jgp>
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 1992
ALCTS Creative Ideas in Technical Services Discussion Group
Organizational Meeting
Sunday, June 28, 1992
4:30 - 5:30
Moscone Center - Room 270, 272

At ALA Midwinter, informal discussions emerged regarding creative and
alternative solutions to challenges within technical services caused by
budgetary constraints, reduced or inadequate staffing levels, and
unavailable special skills in the local workforce.  This led to the
realization that we each respond to these forces in ways that are not
usually shared broadly.  We expect that this group will offer a forum
for librarians with interests and responsibilities in all areas of
technical services - acquisitions, cataloging, preservation - to engage
in discussing and sharing solutions to some of these challenges.  We
anticipate an overwhelming response to this opportunity to meet the many
other creative librarians who work on the cutting edge of reality.
Please accept this invitation and join us.

-- Co-conveners: Janet G. Padway
Julieann V. Nilson

Janet G. Padway
Golda Meir Library
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
P.O.Box 604
Milwaukee, WI  53201
Voice: (414) 229-6458
Fax: (414) 229-4380
Internet: jgpadway [at] csd4__csd__uwm__edu

Julie Nilson
Monographic Processing Services
Library E350
Indiana University Libraries