Subject: Curators and Conservators Discussion Group meeting

Curators and Conservators Discussion Group meeting

From: Sidney Berger <spcolseb>
Date: Friday, June 5, 1992
The next meeting of the Curators and Conservators Discussion Group will
take place on Saturday, June 27, 1992, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., at what
is listed in one source as MOSC-Rm. 270-272.  (I am sure this will be
spelled out more intelligibly in the ALA Conference Schedule).

Because of my eternal problem with conflicting meeting times, I will be
unable to attend the meeting.  It will be chaired by Sheryl Davis,
Preservation Officer (and Head of Acquisitions) at the University of
California, Riverside.

Based on the interest exhibited in the questionnaires I distributed a
year and a half ago, two topics have been identified as being of great
interest to participants of the Discussion Group.  The primary topic
will be Prioritizing Conservation Treatment.  Who Decides? and on the
Basis of What?

If time permits, a second topic will also be addressed:  Handling Books
with Loose or Detached Covers.

If your library has any documentation or policy statements on these
issues, please bring them with you to the meeting.  Thank you.

Sidney Berger
Chair, Curators and Conservators Discussion Group
Head of Special Collections, Univ. of Calif., Riverside

                   Distributed: Monday, June 8, 1992