Subject: Tipping in date due slips

Tipping in date due slips

From: Kate Murray <murrayk>
Date: Monday, June 1, 1992
We currently tip in our due slips slips using a moisture activated
adhesive.  It seems, however, that students are peeling these off
returned books, sticking them in uncharged books and waltzing out of the
library book in hand (the access staff check the due dates at the door).
One of the suggestions to combat this problem is switching to a fully
glued down due date slip (it would almost have to be the peel off self
adhesive kind as this procedure is done at the public circ desk and I
can only imagine the mess if glue got involved).  Obviously there are
definite problems with this suggestion like what happens when there is
no flyleaf so the slip is adhered to the last page, et.  Has anyone else
had this problem?  I would also appreciate any info on other types of
due date slips. Thanks

Kate Murray
Conservation Dept.
NYU  Libraries