Subject: Labels for microfilm boxes

Labels for microfilm boxes

From: Marcia Watt <bm.yap>
Date: Tuesday, May 26, 1992
I am writing in response to Robert Milevski's question about foil-backed
labels and how we tested them at Yale.  We placed four labels on our
standard 35mm microfilm box and placed the box in a dry oven at 100
degrees C. for 17 days.  The corners of the labels did not curl.  They
did not peel.  There was some slight yellowing of both the box and the
labels.  I keep the box in my office under less than ideal environmental
conditions and two months (or so) after the initial test there is still
no curling or peeling.

                   Distributed: Friday, May 29, 1992